by Marita Klements and Samantha Totman
Starting up your reading list for the New Year? Join the Massachusetts Center for the Book 2023 Reading Challenge!
Here is how you can participate:
- Sign up for the Lynnfield Library Beanstack to track your reading. (To learn more about the Library’s Beanstack program, click here.)
- Sign up for the Mass Center for the Book 2023 Challenge on their website.
Each month has a theme, so throughout the year, you choose a book to read that fits the monthly challenge. January’s is a book less than 100 pages in length!
The themes for each month of 2023 are:
- January: a book less than 100 pages in length
- February: a book set in your home town/city or state
- March: a Mass Book Awards honoree
- April: a collection of poetry
- May: a book on nonfiction on a subject new to you
- June: a book set in a country you’ve never visited
- July: a book borrowed from your local library
- August: a book in translation
- September: a book whose author shares your first or last name
- October: a bestseller from the year you turned 18
- November: a book recommended by a local bookseller
- December: a book published in 2023
You can also be entered to win prizes as part of the challenge. If you read at least one book, you will be invited to a year-end celebration hosted by Mass Center for the Book. If you read a book in each of the 12 months, you will be entered in a drawing by Mass Center for the Book to win 1 of 2 totes filled with books and Massachusetts goodies.